Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Catching up...

Why is it that a lot of us feel as though we're trying to 'catch up' all the time? To 'catch up' means that you have also bought the assumption that you are 'behind.' Which brings me to another favorite saying I heard my mother express from time to time, "it'll get done when it gets done."

Whether you are a task master or a person who suffers with the symptoms of ADHD, accomplishing things is what we all do. Feeling that you need to catch up on your various tasks can be objective, although in many cases it is subjective - meaning that many of us carry around undue anxiety to 'catch up.' Well I'm through. I'm through with making myself feel like I'm desperately trying to bail out the Titanic with a thimble.

So today, instead of 'catching up,' I decided to read some of the posts from the blogs I follow. My new pal Greg (who is a friend of a friend who decided to chronicle the battle he's currently having with cancer) referenced part of a Christmas poem by Alfred Lord Tennyson in his blog, Greg's Alien (http://gregsalien.blogspot.com/2008/12/hair-todaygone-today.html). I took a deep breath, exhaled and read the poem in it's entirety. If you've stumbled upon this blog by accident (which can be the only reason why you're reading this right now) and you want to read the poem too, here it is... http://www.carols.org.uk/snow-ring-out-wild-bells-tennyson.htm. Happy Christmas and may your joy be full this holiday season!

No comments: