Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sooo... I'm Back


Judging from the date of my last blog post, it has been over six months since I have written anything here. Funny thing is that I could have written about a lot of stuff and yet I have chosen not to for some reason. I guess it's the old perfectionist attitude in me that says "if it can't be perfect, don't do it all... and do boring stuff like watching TV all day... and whatnot." (I love the conversation filler 'and whatnot' because it really doesn't say or describe anything but at the same time it tells a lot... and whatnot.)


I recently read Don Miller's new book, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years, and it inspired me write this post this morning. An email from an old friend further encouraged me to sit down in front of my keyboard and do this.


Life and time are just passing me by these days and I need something to help me feel productive at the same time so I'm writing. So this post is to relieve the log jam of ideas and experiences I have stored up so I can fulfill the objective stated in the previous sentence.


If I'm the only one who reads this, then I believe it will have been time well spent. By the way, the picture is our newest addition, Carter. She was born July 6, 2009. We'll talk about her story later.


No comments: